Sunday, 11 May 2014

Spray paint experiment - josh francheschi



As an experiment I decided to produce a spray paint of Josh Francheschis face.
To start I added the layer filter to the original image. I copy and pasted these different layers into seperate documents and then printed them out. Using a craft knife I carefully cut out each section.
 




I then spray painted each one. I really liked the worn texture it gave. I discovered that letting the spray paint leak worked really effectively to give the texture I wanted
 


 
I then scanned each layer back into photoshop and layered them upon one another maintaing a mutual colour pallett. At this point I thought I had finished but as I was making a poster for my final piece I decided to develop it further
 




Using the hue tool I altered the colours of the original spray paint design and changed the sizes to ascending order. I thought this created depth within the poster. I multiplied the layers to make them blend together and create new intersting colours

 
I then cut out a stencil of the word 'Fate' and spray painted it to use as a title.
 


I layered this into my design and reduced the opacity so you could see the faces beneath to create depth and layers
 


Here is my finished poster design 

No comments:

Post a Comment