To build up my skills I decided to do an artist copy of a City and Color logo which I thought was interesting
I would like to use poly print within my final piece so I thought this would be a good chance to experiment. I cut out the bird and cloud and just the bird and printed in black block printing ink. I really liked the textured effect that it gave and it was ideal for this artist copy.
I layered them on top of one another and made them the appropriate colours using the magic wand tool to select all of the black.
Using the eraser tool on photoshop I removed sections of the poly print design to give the worn out effect. I used different sized strokes to add different textures. I thought it worked very effectively
I then added the extra details like colouring to the eye/under the wing
Here is my finished artist copy alongside the original





No comments:
Post a Comment